The Australian Hotels Association – Victoria, AHA (Vic), trading as the Australian Hotels and Hospitality Association Incorporated – AHHA (Inc), is the owner and publisher of content on this website. This privacy statement applies only to the AHA (Vic) website.
This website contains links to other websites; this privacy statement does not apply to those websites. AHHA (Inc) respects members’ (hereafter referred to as ‘your’ and includes either current or prospective members) rights to privacy and the need to protect their personal information.
AHHA (Inc) adheres to the Privacy Act 1988 relating to the privacy of your personal information.
Security of personal information
Your personal information may be collected by AHHA (Inc) when you:
- provide feedback using online forums and blogs
- submit an enquiry
- subscribe to a newsletter
- access the ‘Member Only’ section of this website
- make an event booking and/or payment
- submit some type of form i.e. member survey
Information AHHA (Inc) may collect includes:
- hotel name
- hotel and personal address details
- contact phone, fax and e-mail address
- credit card particulars
AHHA (Inc) may collect your personal information for the following reasons:
- provision of member services and advice
- event registrations and promotion
- compliance with legal obligations – i.e. annual return to Fair Work Australia (FWA)
- direct marketing – member bulletins, promotion of special offers from AHHA (Inc) Associate Members and Corporate Partners
Disclosure of member information
AHHA (Inc) takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including utilising available information technology security (firewall and password protected member information)
Your personal information is collected for internal member administrational purposes including, but not limited to, account payment, event registration, compliance with legal obligations (FWA), advice of member special offers and discounts and membership attraction and retention activities.
We may only disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- organisations required by law
- parties involved in the provision and maintenance of our information technology systems
- AHHA (Inc) principal partners – name, hotel name, hotel address, contact phone number and e-mail address (unless you have expressly requested that this is not provided to related third parties)
- AHHA (Inc) corporate partners and associate members – name, hotel name, hotel address and contact phone number
- any other party where your consent is obtained
Your personal information will not be sold or distributed to third parties (except as received as part of a member benefit for principal and corporate partners and associate members, as outlined above) for the purposes of direct marketing or statistical analysis.
Member feedback or enquiry
Any member feedback or enquiry submitted online will only be used by the appropriate AHHA (Inc) staff member and/or applicable AHHA (Inc) contractor to review your comments and answer any questions posed. Any personal details will not be disclosed to other AHHA (Inc) staff and/or third parties.
Member electronic communication
All AHA (Vic) member information sent to members via e-mail i.e. bulletins, newsletters and general member updates are sent to the recipient(s) nominated by the hotelier on the hotel’“Membership Application Form” or “Member Details Update”.
Any changes made to the nominated recipient(s) need to be communicated to the AHA (Vic) Member Services Coordinator via e-mail email@example.com Requested changes will then be made to the AHA (Vic) member database and e-mail distribution list simultaneously.
You can access member information AHHA (Inc) holds with respect to you and your pub/hotel by writing to the Privacy Officer. If any of the information AHHA (Inc) holds is inaccurate or incomplete, please advise the Privacy Officer accordingly. The Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Australian Hotels and Hospitality Association Incorporated
Level 1, 1 Little Collins St
MELBOURNE VIC 3000