William Angliss Institute of TAFE (WAI)
The AHA (Vic) through a strategic partnership with William Angliss Institute of TAFE (WAI) offers members a full suite of compliance training programs including:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) - a nationally recognised Liquor Industry Victoria initiative (3.5 hours duration).
- Licensees First Step (LFS) - Relevant for people who are currently applying for/been granted a liquor licence (3.5 hours duration).
- Responsible Serving of Gaming (RSG) – nationally accredited (4.5 hours duration).
- Responsible Serving of Gaming (Advanced) - Suitable for gaming managers and supervisors (8 hours duration).
- Responsible Service of Food (RSF) - Ensure venue and staff compliance with the Food Act (1984) amended (3.5 hours duration).
- Food Safety Supervisors Course (FSS) - Venue Food Act (1984) compliance requires an approved, operational Food Safety program (8 hours duration).
All course bookings can be made via contacting William Angliss Institute on (03) 9606 2111. The following website will give you up to date course dates and application forms: http://www.angliss.edu.au/Compliance-Training
Train My Venue
AHA (Vic) is part of a national alignment of hospitality industry leaders which can deliver innovative cost-effective online training for your venue’s staff. It’s called Train My Venue or TMV. TMV aims to improve hospitality skills across the state’s hotel industry. TMV is all about lifting the performance, productivity and profitability of our industry and your hotel.
What are the benefits?
Benefits for members participating in TMV include:
- It’s a highly accessible, value-for-money, industry-standard, training program for hospitality staff
- It offers the industry a solid, user-friendly, online, induction program for employees covering beer, wine, health, safety and food hygiene
- As an online program the learning modules can be accessed at anytime within venues; it does not require the employee to leave the venue plus has flexibility of offering the employee the opportunity of access via an internet portal; venue management can access their employees’ training history and track their progress 24/7
- Each employee has access to their individual training history and can visit their training history at anytime.
All course bookings can be made via the Train My Venue website.
The AHA (Vic), through a strategic partnership with Ascet Tech, offers members a full suite of hospitality programs.
Generous member discounts apply.
Ascet Tech is a future-focused learning and development organisation. Ascet Tech training provides a great student experience while developing vocational skills for people employed in the hospitality industry.
For further information please contact Raf Rubae on 0400 002 293
Cooking the Books
This one day workshop is facilitated by Andrew Briese, author of Cooking the Books, whose career in the hospitality covers more than 22 years. Andrew has held positions as Executive Chef at the Mitre Tavern and the Marine Hotel in Brighton. He has also worked in Japan, England, Mexico, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Learn more about how Andrew Briese can help cut costs and improve the efficiency of your hotel kitchen - click here to see upcoming dates for this workshop series.
David Staughton has over 20 years experience in a broad range of industries including mining, retail, marketing, hospitality, franchise, travel, tourism & consulting. He’s been passionate about business since working in the family hardware store at age 6.
In 15 years he grew a function venue empire in Victoria. He built an enthusiastic, high energy hospitality team and hosted more than 2000 weddings & functions - winning Australian Bridal Industry awards three years in a row. He mastered the art of selling off-peak functions and had the busiest single room reception in Victoria.
Click here to view Dave's workshop series brochure.
Contact Dave today for private onsite training for your team.
Workplace Relations Workshops
Know Your Award Workshop
Click here to see upcoming dates for this workshop series.
Darren P. Vowles / On-line Marketing 101
Darren has worked for a number of Australian Household names in his carreer, Iian Hewitson, Vincent Rae, Richard Wilkins and International stars, the Rolling Stones, U2 and Pearl Jam.