HotelCare was established in 1999 as an on-going initiative of AHA (Vic) to raise and distribute funds to worthy charities and organisations and to advance the overall interests of the pub and hotel sector in Victoria. This is additionally supported by Hostplus through the HotelCare Community Care Programme.
Since its foundation, HotelCare has directly distributed over $6 million to charitable organisations.
One of the biggest fundraising events of the year is the HotelCare Golf Day, Grange on the Range, held each December with the kind assistance and support from AHA (Vic)’s corporate partners including HostPlus, CUB, Lion and Tabcorp. This day provides funds to HotelCare beyond the contributions of gaming pubs, with 100% of the money raised directed to charities and worthy causes.
HotelCare’s 20th annual charity Golf Day took place on 16 December at the Victoria Golf Club and raised more than $600,000, a new record for the event, through team registrations, the auction and generous donations on the day.
Charities and Causes Which have Received Donations from HoteL Care in The Last 12 Months Include:
- ARCHIE ROACH FOUNDATION
- ARTS CENTRE ACCESS PROGRAM FOR THE DISADVANTAGED
- ASCOT VALE SPECIAL SCHOOL
- AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE CONSERVANCY
- BALLARAT CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION
- BANKSIA PALLIATIVE CARE
- COTTAGE BY THE SEA
- CURRAJONG SCHOOL
- E.J. WHITTEN FOUNDATION
- FIGHT MND
- MAKING WAVES FOUNDATION
- MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY AUSTRALIA
- NORTHERN HEALTH FOUNDATION
- OVARIAN CANCER AUSTRALIA
- RURAL DEFIBRILLATORS
- SALVATION ARMY
- STEPHANIE ALEXANDER KITCHEN GARDEN
- THE ROYAL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
- THE ROYAL MELBOURNE HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
- THE ROYAL WOMEN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
- THE TAPESTRY FOUNDATION OF AUSTRALIA
- WHEELS IN MOTION
- WHITTLESEA MEN’S SHED
- YARRA STREET PASTOR